My 50 things to watch out for when dating a new guy.
I created this list a long time ago when a young female co-worker who was having trouble finding a decent guy to date.
Be Careful of Men:
- Who hit women or kids in anger.*
- Who have a bad temper.*
- Who tailgate other drivers or suffer from road rage.*
- Who ask you to sex’d them a picture or they have pictures of others still on their phone.*
- Who are appear impatient, nervous, or constantly check social media to see if someone is talking about them.*
- Who can’t stop texting.
- Who own too many mirrors or take a bunch of selfies.
- Who have more than one pair of very expensive shoes.
- Who have more than 5 pairs of shoes.
- Who actually like to go shopping.
- Who have anything pierced, or tattoos of naked women.
- Who eat only salads for dinner.
- Who fold or even worse, iron their underwear.
- Who drive flashy expensive foreign sports cars but really can’t afford them.
- Who use credit cards and never have any cash.
- Who has trouble making most decisions.
- Who have a box of wine or a beer tap in their refrigerator.
- Who don’t use or own any power tools and the thought of changing a flat tire intimidates them.
- Who really care if they are color-coordinated with their date.
- Who don’t give to charities. They never help a beggar when clearly, one needs it.
- Who own or wear speedo type underwear.
- Who have satin anything.
- Who have never fired a gun and/or believe that no one should own a gun.
- Who let a snot-nosed 18 year old sales clerk boss them around.
- Who would prefer a chick flick to any action-adventure movie.
- Who would buy a $50 designer T-shirt instead of a 3- pack of JCPenny T-shirts for $15.
- Who’s last relationship was a stripper.
- Who had to “Go off and find themselves”.
- Who had ever been to or even considered therapy.
- Who have more than one gold chain hanging around their neck with their shirt opened too far.
- Who wear more than one ring or a diamond pinky ring.
- Who own a pair of black leather pants.
- Who have ever collected un-employment for more than a week or over 19 and living at home.
- Who don’t check-in with their parents at least, but no more than twice a month. (Unless one is in poor health.)
- Who talks-back to or is rude to his parents.
- Who drink water (or anything) from a glass with a straw.
- Who borrow things and never returns them.
- Who do not tip generously.
- Who, when at a restaurant with a larger party, scrutinizes the bill and never really pays enough.
- Who cheat when playing games. (Especially Golf)
- Who begin any sentence with “My hair …”.
- Who don’t have any male friends.
- Who can’t back-up a car, can’t parallel park or back up a truck with a trailer.
- Who do not know how to jump-start a car.
- Who refer to the women’s breasts as any kind of food or toy.
- Who let the woman pay for anything while on a date.
- Who cannot swim or have an unusual fear of the water.
- Who really cares what color the bed spread is. (Unless its pink or lavender).
- Who do not like some kind of music or actually likes “Rap”
- Who can’t program the (insert any digital device) or are afraid to learn something new.
* These are deal breakers and this person should be avoided like Ebola.
By Dave Bower Copyright October 2, 2000